Wednesday, November 7, 2007

A Mother's Love

My 6 year old daughter (Tyanna) has been slowly but surely weaning herself off meat. I realized this a while ago and she has since stopped completely. I'm so proud of her for standing her ground and making a very mature choice and at such a young age. (my children are very independent) So now what is a mother to do to make sure she's getting all the nutrients she needs? I of course turned to the web to see if I could find anything on the subject of "vegetarian kids" and only came across a few sites with minimal resources. So, you know me I had to come up with something that would benefit other parents with children who are choosing this route. In the next few weeks or so I will be launching a new online magazine full of insightful resources for parent who are in need of answers just myself. "VegieKid.com" emagazine will offer a variety of simple meatless recipes that will be quick and full of flavor great for breakfast, school lunches, and of course dinner. There will be a host of interactive features so please keep checking this blog and www.vegiekid.com for updates on the site's launch. Even if you and other members of your family are still meat eaters you can adapt meatless dishes for the ones who requiring them, "VegieKid.com" will show you how.

Newly developed recipes already in the works...

Italian Herb Cheese Pizza Pinwheels
Garlic Parmesan Grilled Cheese
Veggie Pasta Shells Salad w/Balsamic Vinaigrette

No comments: